You have just won the lottery. You will receive $1,000,000 today, and then receive 40 payments of $500,000. These payments will start one year from now and will be paid every six months. A representative from Greenleaf Investments has offered to purchase all the payments from you for $10 million. If the appropriate interest rate is 8.9% APR compounded daily, should you take the offer. Assume there are 12 months in a year, each with 30 days.
11. What is the effective six-month interest for 8.9% APR compounded daily?
12. What is the PV of 40 payments of 500,000 at the time of today?
13. What is the PV of all the payments from the lottery winning at the time of today?
14. Financial markets are usually classified by the type and maturity of the financial assets traded. The two main classifications are as follows:
A. Bond market and money market
B. Money market and capital market
C. Bond market and foreign-exchange market
D. Commodity market and capital market
15. Which of the following is an example of an agency cost?
A. A company always buys the latest computer equipment for its employees
B. Senior management receives stock options enabling them to buy company stock at an exercise price well above the current stock price
C. Managers can use the company float plane to fly to their cottages on weekends
D. Sales reps are provided with company cars to use when visiting clients
20. Joe has just borrowed $1,000 from his grandmother in order to make a down payment on a car. This borrowing transaction is an example of:
A. Indirect intermediation
B. Direct intermediation
C. External intermediation
D. Market transaction
Part 2 Practice Problems (10 marks)
1. Consider 2 bonds, A and B. The coupon rates are 10% and the face values are $1,000 for both bonds. Both bonds have annual coupons. Bond A has 15 years to maturity while bond B has 25 years to maturity. (6 marks)
a) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate for both bonds is 11%?
b) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate increases to 12.9%?
c) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate decreases to 7.6%?
2. Southern Ontario Publishing Company is trying to decide whether to revise its popular textbook, Introduction to Corporate Finance. The company has estimated that the revision will cost $50,000. Cash flows from increased sales will be $12,000 the first year. Theses cash flows will increase by 6% per year. The book will go out of print five years from now. Assume that the initial cost is paid now and revenues are received at the end of each year. If the company requires an 11% return for such an investment, should it undertake the revision? (4 marks)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.