Written Assignment 6: Gases
Answer all assigned questions and problems, and show all work.
1. A gas occupying a volume of 725 mL at a pressure of 0.970 atm is allowed to expand at constant temperature until its pressure reaches 0.541 atm. What is its final volume?
(Reference: Chang 5.19)
2. The volume of a gas is 5.80 L, measured at 1.00 atm. What is the pressure of the gas in mmHg if the volume is changed to 9.65 L? (The temperature remains constant.) (5 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.21)
3. Why is the density of a gas much lower than that of a liquid or solid under atmospheric conditions? What units are normally used to express the density of gases? (5 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.30)
4. A sample of nitrogen gas kept in a container of volume 2.3 L and at a temperature of 32°C exerts a pressure 4.7 atm. Calculate the number of moles of gas present. (8 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.31)
5. What volume will 5.6 moles of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas occupy if the temperature and pressure of the gas are 128°C and 9.4 atm? (8 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.33)
6. A gas-filled balloon having a volume of 2.50 L at 1.2 atm and 25°C is allowed to rise to the stratosphere (about 30 km above the surface of Earth), where the temperature and pressure are –23°C and 3.00 × 10–3 atm, respectively. Calculate the final volume of the balloon. (8 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.35)
7. A 2.10-L vessel contains 4.65 g of a gas at 1.00 atm and 27.0°C. (a) Calculate the density of the gas in grams per liter. (b) What is the molar mass of the gas? (10 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.47)
8. A certain anesthetic contains 64.9 percent carbon, 13.5 percent hydrogen, and 21.6 percent oxygen by mass. At 120°C and 750 mmHg, 1.00 L of the gaseous compound weighs 6.90 g. What is the molecular formula of the compound? (10 points)
9. What is the mass of the solid NH4Cl formed when 73.0 g of NH3(g) are mixed with an equal mass of gaseous HCl? What is the volume and identity of the gas remaining, measured at 14.0°C and 752 mmHg? (8 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.59)
10. A mixture of gases contains 0.31 mol CH4, 0.25 mol C2H6, and 0.29 mol C3H8. The total pressure is 1.50 atm. Calculate the partial pressures of the gases. (8 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.67)
11. Propane (C3H8) burns in oxygen to produce carbon dioxide gas and water vapor. (a) Write a balanced equation for this reaction. (b) Calculate the number of liters of carbon dioxide measured at STP that could be produced from 7.45 g of propane. (10 points)
(Reference: Chang 5.109)
12. A 10.0 g piece of pure aluminum is placed in 75.0 mL of 0.54 M hydrochloric acid at STP condition. They react as follows:
2Al + 6HCl → 3H2(g) + 2AlCl3
Calculate the following:
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.