23-20 (Objectives 23-3, 23-4) The following are misstatements that might be found in the client’s year-end cash balance (assume that the balance sheet date is June 30):
1. The outstanding checks on the June 30 bank reconciliation were underfooted by $2,000.
2. A loan from the bank on June 26 was credited directly to the client’s bank account. The loan was not entered as of June 30.
3. A check was omitted from the outstanding check list on the June 30 bank reconciliation. It cleared the bank July 7.
4. A check was omitted from the outstanding check list on the bank reconciliation. It cleared the bank September 6.
5. Cash receipts collected on accounts receivable from July 1 to July 5 were included as June 29 and 30 cash receipts.
6. A bank transfer recorded in the accounting records on July 1 was included as a deposit in transit on June 30.
7. A check that was dated June 26 and disbursed in June was not recorded in the cash disbursements journal, but it was included as an outstanding check on June 30.
a. Assuming that each of these misstatements was intentional (fraud), state the most likely motivation of the person responsible.
b. What control can be instituted for each fraud to reduce the likelihood of occurrence?
c. List an audit procedure that can be used to discover each fraud.
14-23 (Objectives 14-1, 14-3) The following questions deal with audit evidence for the sales and collection cycle. Choose the best response.
An auditor is performing substantive tests of transactions for sales. One step is to trace a sample of debit entries from the accounts receivable master file back to the supporting duplicate sales invoices. What will the auditor intend to establish by this step?
(1) Sales invoices represent existing sales.
(2) All sales have been recorded.
(3) All sales invoices have been correctly posted to customer accounts.
(4) Debit entries in the accounts receivable master file are correctly supported by sales invoices.
Which audit procedure is most effective in testing credit sales for overstatement?
(1) Trace a sample of postings from the sales journal to the sales account in the general ledger.
(2) Vouch a sample of recorded sales from the sales journal to shipping documents.
(3) Prepare an aging of accounts receivable.
(4) Trace a sample of initial sales orders to sales recorded in the sales journal.
To determine whether internal control relative to the revenue cycle of a wholesaling entity is operating effectively in minimizing the failure to prepare sales invoices, an auditor would most likely select a sample of transactions from the population represented by the
(1) sales order file.
(2) customer order file.
(3) shipping document file.
(4) sales invoice file
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.