Assignment 3: The Value of Fair Treatment in the Workplace
Due Week 10 and worth 245 points
You have been hired as a management consultant by a large company to examine the business decisions of the company in regard to employee protections. The laws applicable are federal antidiscrimination laws, federal health and safety laws, state laws and employer firing practices related to the employment-at-will doctrine.
In relation to the questions below, write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze, identify, and explain recent legislation that helps to protect employees from discrimination in the workplace. Provide at least two recent federal legislative protections/laws. Provide some insight when the federal legislation conflicts with the state. (Please note, the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act is not an acceptable example for this question)
2. Explain the Employment-at-Will (EAW) Doctrine and ALL possible exceptions to the doctrine. Look at the scenarios below and determine, pursuant to the law, whether the decision to fire the employee is a smart one. Identify why or why not and determine all the possible exceptions per the EAW doctrine that are, might be, or could be applicable if the employee sues for wrongful termination.
Be sure to identify the law and explain it. Then, apply the law and answer the question. (All employees below are employees-at-will).
· Peter, a department supervisor, requests approval to fire Robert, his secretary. Robert is a devout Buddhist and was putting out Buddhist literature in the employee break room. Robert was also taking a lot of time to meditate in the workplace during some of the busiest times of day. Peter wants to fire Robert. If fired, can Robert sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Lori, a manager, started a blog on the company website for the company softball league. She noticed a worker, Seth, was protesting that employees were not getting paid enough and that benefits were costly. Lori reprimanded Seth and the next day, Seth posted a sign-up sheet on the blog to start a union. Lori fired Seth a week later when he failed to show to work one day. Can Seth sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Lori, head of Accounting, refused to sign Brian’s parental leave request. Brian is seeking 12 weeks of paid leave to care for his newborn son and wants to take this time during the most busy time – tax season. Can Brian sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
· Jackson has worked for the company for 10 years. He is a researcher and has a rare form of liver disease. The chemicals he works with make his condition worse but, he does not want to stop working. Jackson’s health is failing and, it effects his work. His boss, Jerry, is not happy with his performance and, when Jackson failed to show results from his research, fired him. Can Jackson sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
3. Determine the law in regard to undocumented workers and whether they are eligible for state workers’ compensation in the United States. Advocate for or against this practice and substantiate your response with research to support your position. How does the state law conflict with federal immigration law? Support your response.
4. Use the textbook and the Strayer University Library to locate at least two other quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources. The textbook for this class is a required source for this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Paper requires a cover page and a reference page. Strayer Writing Standards is different than APA and other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details and comply with this requirement.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
Evaluate law relative to workplace discrimination, employment at will, state workers’ compensation eligibility and the Supremacy Clause.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.