10. (10) Which activity could probabilities be computed using a Binomial Distribution?
a. Flipping a coin a 100 times
b. Throwing a die one hundred times
c. The probability of getting a heart while playing card games
d. Grades earned by 100 students on a statistics final exam
11. (11) Many researchers have argued that the TB skin test is not accurate. Imagine that the TB skin test is only 70% accurate. Sarah is thinking about having the test. Before she has the test she wonders the probability that she has TB. The probability of Sarah having TB is …
d. More information needed to calculate
12. (12) Imagine that the diabetic test accurately indicates the disease in 95% of the people who have it. What’s the miss rate?
13. (15) Which of the following is the probability that subjects do not have the disease, but the test result is positive?
a. Miss rate
b. False positive rate
c. Base rate
d. Disease rate
14. (16) In a normal distribution, the median is ____it’s mean and mode.
a. Approximately equal to
b. Bigger than
c. Smaller than
d. Unrelated to
15. (17) In a normal distribution, __ percentage of the area under the curve is within one standard deviations of the mean?
d. It depends on the values of the mean and standard deviation
16. (18) A normal distribution with a mean of 15 and standard deviation of 5. 95% of its area is within__
a. One standard deviation of the mean
b. Two standard deviations of the mean
c. Three standard deviations of the mean
d. It depends on the value of the mode
17. (19)The mean of a standard normal distribution is:
18. (20) The standard deviation of the mean for a standard distribution is:
19. (21) A normal distribution with a mean of 25 and standard deviation of 5. What is the corresponding Z score for a case having a value of 10?
20. (20) Consider a normal distribution with a mean of 25 and standard deviation of 4. Approximately, what proportion of the area lies between values of 17 and 33.
21. (23) Consider a normal distribution with a mean of 10 and standard deviation of 25. What’s the Z score for the value of 35?
22. (24) For a standard normal distribution, what’s the probability of getting a positive number?
d. We cannot tell from the given information
23. (27)Two-hundred students took a statistics class. Their professor creatively decided to give each of them their Z-score instead of their grade. Rachel got her Z-score of -0.2. She was wondering how well she did on the exam.
a. It was very good, much better than almost all of the other students
b. It was so-so, but still better than half of the students.
c. It was not that good, but not at the bottom of the distribution
d. It was very bad and she needs to work much harder next time
24. (28) A researcher collected some data and they form a normal distribution with a mean of zero. What’s the probability of getting a positive number from this distribution?
d. We need to calculate the standard deviation and then decide.
25. (29) Which of the following description of distribution is correct?
a. A Binomial distribution is a probability distribution for independent events for which there are only two possible outcomes
b. You cannot use the normal distribution to approximate the binomial distribution
c. Normal distributions cannot differ in their means and in their standard deviations.
d. Standard normal distributions can differ in their means and in their standard deviations.
26. (30) A toy factory makes 5,000 teddy bears per day. The supervisor randomly selects 10 teddy bears from all 5,000 teddy bears and uses this sample to estimate the mean weight of teddy bears and the sample standard deviation. How many degrees of freedom are there in the estimate of the standard deviation?
27. (31) Imagine you have a population of 100,000 cases. For which of the following degrees of freedom is the closest estimation of the population parameter?
28. (33) Imagine that the average weight of a total of 500 girls in a high school is 35kg. Tom randomly sampled 10 girls and measured their weight. And then he repeated this procedure for three times. The means and standard deviations are listed as following. Which sample estimate shows the least sample variability?
a. Sample one: mean=34, SE=5
b. Sample two: mean=30, SE=2
c. Sample three: mean= 26, SE=3
d. Sample four: mean= 38, SE=5
29. (36) For which of the following degrees of freedom is a t distribution closest to a normal distribution?
30. (37) In order to construct a confidence interval for the difference between two means, we are going to assume which of the followings? (Select all that apply)
a. The two populations have the same variance.
b. The populations are normally distributed.
c. Each value is sampled independently from each other value.
d. The two populations have similar means
31. (38) A researcher tries to compare grades earned on the first quiz by boys and girls. He randomly chooses 10 students from boys and 15 students from girls and calculates the confidence interval on difference between means. How many degrees of freedom will you get in this t distribution?
32. (39) Which of the following choices is not the possible confidence interval on the population values of a Pearson’s correlation?
a. (0.3, 0.5)
b. (-0.7, 0.9)
c. (-1.2, 0.3)
d. (0.6, 0.8)
33. (41) Which of the following descriptions of the t distribution is correct? (Select all that apply)
a. With smaller sample sizes, the t distribution is leptokurtic
b. When the sample size is large (more than 100), the t distribution is very similar to the standard normal distribution
c. With larger sample sizes, the t distribution is leptokurtic
d. The t distribution will never be close to normal distribution
34. (42) _________________refers to whether or not an estimator tends to overestimate or underestimate a parameter. ______________refers to how much the estimate varies from sample to sample.
a. Bias; standard error
b. Sample variability; Bias
c. Mean; standard deviation
d. Standard deviation; Mean
35. (43) Which of the following descriptions of confidence intervals is correct?
a. Confidence intervals can only be computed for the mean
b. We can only use the normal distribution to compute confidence intervals
c. Confidence intervals can be computed for various parameters
d. Confidence intervals can only be computed for the population
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.