Provide (2) 200 words substantive response with a minimum of 1 APA references for RESPONSES 1 AND 2 below. Response provided should further discuss the subject or provide more insight. To further understand the response, below is the discussion post that’s discusses the responses. 100% original work and not plagiarized. Must meet deadline.
1. The Information Security Automation Program (ISAP) allows for the automation of information security by creating components that are made by integrating systems that are meant for standalone use together into one. This essentially allows for them to cover each others bases by performing their primary functions in tandem with each other. Two of the strengths that come with this are security scan results that provide an in-depth view of security risks, making it easier to find and correct security downfalls, and users will be able to create their own set of security tests and run them with the provided tools, allowing for reduced maintenance time on the security system.
2. Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) generally work in tandem with firewalls, constantly watching and logging network traffic and reporting any abnormalities while the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) denies access to those abnormalities. With these too working in your security system you will essentially be able to have your network available to its users with less downtime to deal with intrusions.
3. If properly configured, IDS and IDP can work together to locate and identify an intrusion as well as prevent it with needing any user assistance. The logs provided could be used to look into reoccurring abnormalities and prevent them from further attempts of intrusion. Attempts at intrusion are inevitable on any network but even more so when inept users are added to the equation. Having these two along with other automated systems will prevent this vulnerability from becoming an issue.
1. Briefly list and explain two strengths of one of the technologies discussed in “The Second Wave” reading:
One strength or advantage is many vendors have developed plug-ins to their products that make them SCAP-compatible. This is the only common language in the industry, which is important if organizations are planning to purchase new testing or reporting applications. Another component or strength of SCAP benchmarks, audit tests and system evaluations.
2. Explain how a properly configured IDS/IPS system can feed into your overall security plans.
An intrusion prevention system (IPS) usually sits directly behind the firewall, adding another layer of analysis that removes dangerous contents from the data flow. The intrusion prevention systems continuously monitor your network, looking for possible malicious incidents and capturing information about them. That way the administrator can decide what to do with the threat alert or can simply set an automated action to different threats.
3. Explain how the use of an IDS/IPS system can fit into the security automation process:
Where IDS informs of a potential attack, an IPS makes attempts to stop it. Another huge leap over IDS, is that IPS has the capability of being able to prevent known intrusion signatures but also some unknown attacks due to its database of generic attack behaviors. Thought of as a combination of IDS and an application layer firewall for protection, IPS is generally considered to be the “next generation” of IDS.
Ramirez, D. (n.d.). JOnline: Information Security Automation: The Second Wave. Retrieved from ISACA.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20160921213850/http://www.isaca.org/Journal/archives/2010/Volume-6/Pages/Information-Security-Automation-The-Second-Wave.aspx
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.