1. Read the article: “The Influence of Individual, Job, and Organizational Characteristics on Correctional Staff Job Stress, Job Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment”(Lambert & Paoline, 2008). Using concepts from chapters 1 – 13 as the basis for your analysis, in a narrative format of 750 or more words, summarize:
(a) the research problem,
(b) research design,
(c) data-gathering strategy,
(d) any hypotheses,
(e) dependent and independent variable(s),
(f) how key dependent and independent variables were operationalized,
(g) how qualitative data from interviews, focus groups and other qualitative methods were coded and quantified for analysis, and
(h) summarize the key findings and/or policy issues.
2. Identify each of the strategies for determining the validity of a particular measure listed in your text. Which one of these strategies, if any, did the authors use in this article? Did the authors discuss issues of validity concerning their measures? Were you satisfied with their explanation? Why or why not? What issues of validity in this article concern you?
3. Using a 5-point Likert scale (similar to the one in Figure 10.3 on page 259 in your text), develop 10 survey questions that would measure the concept of police professionalism. In a separate paragraph, explain the validity of these measures.
4. Choose a criminal justice example from your agency or occupation. Using this example, discuss how the ecological fallacy would occur. Include in your discussion what steps can be taken to avoid the ecological fallacy.
5. Go to the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) Web site at THIS LINK. At the top, click on “Resources and Publications,” then on “Links.” Click on “Reports.” Then select and read one or two reports. Next, go to the Bureau of Justice Assistance National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan web page at THIS LINK. Skip the intro, select “Resource Library.” Select and read one publication from the list. These web sites provide information on the best practices for establishing and maintaining an intelligence led policing (ILP) unit/department. As the Chief/Sheriff of your agency/county, outline the steps you would take to convert your existing crime analysis and crime mapping unit into an intelligence led policing (ILP) unit/department. Be sure to give special attention and detail in your plan to the concepts you learned in chapters 12 and 13 (data collection, data management, and data analysis). Link:
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.