Using MINITAB perform the regression and correlation analysis for the data on CREDIT BALANCE (Y) and SIZE (X) by answering the following.
1. Generate a scatterplot for INCOME ($1000) vs. CREDIT BALANCE($), including the graph of the “best fit” line. Interpret.
2. Determine the equation of the “best fit” line, which describes the relationship between INCOME and CREDIT BALANCE.
3. Determine the coefficient of correlation. Interpret.
4. Determine the coefficient of determination. Interpret.
5. Test the utility of this regression model (use a two tail test with α =.05). Interpret your results, including the p-value.
6. Based on your findings in 1-5, what is your opinion about using CREDIT BALANCE to predict INCOME? Explain.
7. Compute the 95% confidence interval for beta-1 (the population slope). Interpret this interval.
8. Using an interval, estimate the average income for customers that have credit balance of $4,000. Interpret this interval.
9. Using an interval, predict the income for a customer that has a credit balance of $4,000. Interpret this interval.
10. What can we say about the income for a customer that has a credit balance of $10,000? Explain your answer.
In an attempt to improve the model, we attempt to do a multiple regression model predicting INCOME based on CREDIT BALANCE, YEARS and SIZE.
Using MINITAB run the multiple regression analysis using the variables CREDIT BALANCE, YEARS and SIZE to predict INCOME. State the equation for this multiple regression model.
12. Perform the Global Test for Utility (F-Test). Explain your conclusion.
13. Perform the t-test on each independent variable. Explain your conclusions and clearly state how you should proceed. In particular, which independent variables should we keep and which should be discarded.
14. Is this multiple regression model better than the linear model that we generated in parts 1-10? Explain.
All DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy.
Project Part C report is due by the end of Week 7.
Project Part C is worth 100 total points. See grading rubric below.
Summarize your results from 1-14 in a report that is three pages or less in length and explains and interprets the results in ways that are understandable to someone who does not know statistics.
Submission: The summary report + all of the work done in 1-14 (Minitab Output + interpretations) as an appendix.
Points 1-14 addressed with appropriate output, graphs and interpretations. Be sure to number each point 1-14.
Project Part C: Grading Rubric
Category Points % Description
Questions 1 – 12 and 14 – 5 pts. each 65 65 addressed with appropriate output, graphs and interpretations
Question 13 15 15 addressed with appropriate output, graphs and interpretations
Summary 20 20 writing, grammar, clarity, logic, and cohesiveness
Total 100 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.