Create an appropriate model for each situation below. Create your model and solve the problem. Show all calculations. Round to two decimal places unless stated otherwise.
1. A projectile’s motion can be modeled by the quadratic equation:
h = -gt² + v0t + h0where h = height from the ground; g = gravity constant (16 if units in ft; 4.9 if in meters); t = time in second elapsed from release of projectile; v0= initial velocity; h0= initial height. Write the equation for a projectile that is dropped (v0= 0) from a height of 100 ft. When will it hit the ground? Change the equation to reflect that the object is thrown upward from an initial height of 6 ft at 30 ft/sec. When will the object be back at the starting height? Hit the ground?
2. The speed of a vehicle can be determined from the length of the skid mark using the following formula: S = where S is the calculated speed and D is the length of the skid mark in feet. How fast was the vehicle traveling if it left a 210 ft skid mark? How long of a skid mark would a vehicle traveling at 45 mph make?
3. A group is going to a state fair. If children’s tickets are $7.50 per child and adult tickets are $12 per adult, how many of each can go to the fair for $200? Write a linear inequality, graph it, and show several solutions on your graph. Write at least 5 possible solutions.
Suspension bridge project
Most suspension bridges are approximately parabolic in shape in the main section of the bridge. The two towers for suspending the cable define the outer boundaries of the parabola. Using the data about the bridges from the table below, create an equation for the parabola, and graph the section between the towers for each bridge.
Height of towers
Distance between towers
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Finance models project
Using the exponential model for compound interest earned periodically, solve the following. Assume all interest is compounded monthly unless otherwise given, and the interest rate is 2.625%. Remember to show all calculations and how you used the formula. Show what numbers you enter into the calculator.
1. Assume that you deposited $1000 in an investment account on your 18thbirthday. How much would you have in the account now? How much would you have on your 68thbirthday?
2. Assume the account was opened on your 25thbirthday; how much would be in the account on your 68thbirthday?
3. Assume the account is opened on your 40thbirthday; what is its value on your 68thbirthday?
4. Change the invested amount to $5000 and answer the questions above.
5. You want to have $1.5 million in the account on your 68thbirthday. How much would you need to invest at age 18 to reach your goal? Age 30? Age 50?
6. What would be your advice to anyone wanting to invest for retirement? Why?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.