1. In her work in the publishing industry, Vera seeks out new authors whom she considers promising. In the past 2 years she has found a number of new writers whose work she thought was exceptional. She is extremely frustrated, dreads coming into work each morning, and is seriously thinking of resigning. How can Vera’s job attitude best be described?
Low job satisfaction and low job involvement
High job satisfaction and low job involvement
Low job satisfaction and high job involvement
High job satisfaction and high job involvement
2. Julia works as a receptionist at a real-estate company. Her boss just came in the door and yelled at her, telling her that the front office was a mess and that she needed to get up and clean it immediately. After her boss left the room, Julia grabbed three magazines and violently slammed them into the trash can. Which of the following best describes Julia’s action?
3. Erin works on a software help desk. After being yelled at by a customer about the state of her company’s software, she becomes angry, and has to take a short break to calm down. What makes her anger an emotion, rather than a mood?
It can be controlled given some time.
It has contextual stimulus.
It interferes with her capacity to work effectively.
It is a simple, unambiguous feeling.
4) Any incompatibility between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes results in what?
5. What is the degree to which a person identifies with his or her job, actively participates in it, and considers his or her performance as being important to self-worth?
6. What term is used for those emotions that an organization requires workers to show and considers appropriate for a given job?
7. Janet needs to assign a very important advertising account to one of her writers. First she reviewed each writer’s work load, then she studied the sales data of the products for the last three campaigns of each writer, then she reviewed each writer’s annual review to familiarize herself with their goals. Finally, she gave the account to Paula, a very creative, efficient writer who has had high sales results with her last three clients’ products. What is Janet’s management style is based on?
Substantive evidence approach
Organizational behavior studies
8. Basing managerial methods on the best available scientific evidence is called what?
9. The manager at a construction site observes that he is spending a great deal of time interviewing prospective employees. This is due to the large amount of absenteeism and turnover among his skilled workers. While questioning exiting employees, he discovers that many of them quit because they feel the work place is too dangerous. In particular, several foremen have stated that the need to get the job done quickly is more important than a few rules, and have gone as far as to mock the courage of workers who question this attitude. What is the best way for the manager to control the deviant behavior of the foremen?
Ordering the foremen to conform with the required safety standards
Finding out why the foremen place a greater importance on finishing the job than on safety
Firing the foremen and promoting new foremen from the current pool of workers
Taking over the work of the foreman himself
10. Phil loves sales. He has been a stellar sales person since he was 12. Recently he was awarded a full paid trip for two to Puerto Rico for breaking a company sales record. Phil is so motivated to work; he has set a new goal to break his old record in the coming year. Taking into account self-determination theory, why did the company recognition and award, an extrinsic reward, motivate Phil?
The reward was seen as a coercive method of increasing sales and motivated Phil to prove himself intrinsically.
The reward was imposed to work toward a standard that Phil could not believe in, and his intrinsic motivation suffered.
The reward increased Phil’s sense of competence by providing feedback that improved his intrinsic motivation.
The reward increased Phil’s sense of competence by providing feedback that diminished his intrinsic motivation.
11. Tony loves programming. He was on the ground level of the computer revolution. This year his boss has set personal goals for each of the programmers, one of which includes a presentation from each programmer about a project. Taking into account self-determination theory, why did his manager’s goals and the presentation reduce Tony’s motivation?
The internally imposed goal feels coercive, causing Tony’s intrinsic motivation to suffer.
The self-imposed goal increases his sense of competence, causing the intrinsic motivation to suffer.
The externally imposed goal is an external reward, causing Tony’s intrinsic motivation to increase.
The externally imposed goal feels coercive, causing Tony’s intrinsic motivation to suffer.
12. Glendon has a degree in business and worked for 2 years at an international firm in Spain. When the firm suffered cutbacks and Glendon returned home, he took a job at a nonprofit agency mentoring at-risk Spanish-speaking children. Which theory explains why Glendon is happy with a much smaller external reward for his work?
Self-imposition of goals
13. Today Marci’s boss entered her cubicle and told her that her work has been fantastic, and that because of her last project the client is going to give the company all of their business. Marci’s boss continued to talk about what a great job she’s doing. When her boss left, Marci felt very confident and satisfied with herself and her job.
14. What can managers do to make sure that important information is not withheld from them through silence?
Deal with information overload.
Interpret what they see and call it reality.
Tell employees what they want to hear.
Listen to and support diverse opinions.
15. When Neal Patterson, CEO of Cerner Corporation, sent his seething e-mail to 400 managers, he erred by selecting the wrong
channel for his message
16. Araceli is a team member in a large corporation. She never speaks in the team meetings because she has seen members talk behind each others’ backs outside of the meetings. Members are constantly monitoring the other member’s work, looking for a mistake to point out in a meeting. According to the information provided, which contextual factor is most likely hindering the success of Araceli’s team?
Climate of trust
17. Ayesha is leading a group to develop a prototype for a new product. She has chosen three people to work with her. Ben and Tom are good friends and socialize on the weekend. They are both very creative. Julian is older than Ben and Tom, but they have worked together before and been quite productive. Julian is organized. Ayesha has never worked with any of the men, but knows the product well. She brings the highest level of expertise. Which of the following statements best describes Ayesha’s group?
High norms, low cohesiveness, high productivity
Low norms, low cohesiveness, low productivity
High norms, high cohesiveness, high productivity
Low norms, high cohesiveness, low productivity
18. Irma does not like a few of the standard operating procedures adapted for the new project. However, she discussed the items with the team and told them that she realized she was in the minority and that she would adapt the new procedures to maintain smooth operations within the team. What is this type of intention called?
19. Angelina feels that her cubicle neighbor talks too loudly on the phone, but in other ways she is a great neighbor. Angelina gets annoyed every time her neighbor’s phone rings, but she has decided it is simply not worth the trouble to talk to her neighbor. What is Angelina’s conflict intention called?
20. For process conflict to be productive, it must be
Kept at moderate levels
Kept at low to moderate levels
21. The right inherent in a managerial position to give orders and expect orders to be obeyed is termed
unity of command
chain of command
22. ________ are consistent with recent efforts by companies to reduce costs, cut overhead, speed up decision making, increase flexibility, get closer to customers, and empower employees.
Narrower spans of control
Wider spans of control
23. What is the process through which employees are adapted to an organization’s culture?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.