The objective of this project is to analyze the financial system and economic situation of a foreign country in order to be able to make proper investment decisions. Choose a country apart from the U.S. and Turkey (and international students should choose country other than their home countries). Collect all relevant financial and economic information on the country. All groups will have to turn in written reports on their analysis.
Think of yourself as a financial adviser working for an international mutual fund trying to get institutional investors and/or wealthy money managers to invest in foreign countries or the CFO of a multinational firm that needs to make investment abroad. (In other words you need to consider both foreign direct investment opportunities and portfolio investment opportunities.) You need to consider all the advantages and disadvantages to investing in this country. You should remember that your audience is very likely to have no prior knowledge of the economic or political situations in the country, but have a good understanding of the workings of international financial markets. The information you include should be comprehensive in terms of risks included, potential of the capital markets, historical developments, certain legal or administrative hurdles unique to that country. Be sure to pay attention to some of the information below. Some or all of these might be present in one country. You do not need to include everything (these are definitely NOT the subtitles for your papers), these are just some major points to consider in researching your countries.
· Preliminary Information: Location, geography, size, population, currency…etc
· Strength of the economy: GDP, GDP per capita, inflation, exchange rate, trade deficits, budget deficits….etc, any trends in these variables; is this economy improving or deteriorating? Why? Any major economic of financial crises recently?
· Financial markets: Are there strong financial markets in the country? Existence, depth and strength of capital markets; the financial structure in the country: bank-based or capital markets based; any existence or importance of black markets…etc Anything that might be of unique importance to foreign investors in that country.
· Government involvement in financial markets and the economy in general: Major foreign debt; IMF programs; inflation targeting….etc. Are there any state owned enterprises, privatization programs? Any government intervention in foreign exchange markets, money markets…etc Is the central bank or monetary economy independent?
· Any international trade treaties or groups affecting the economy of the country? (e.g. European Union, NAFTA, IMF)
· Some economic history may be necessary to show your audience how developed the financial systems in the country are, what the major economic milestones have been. (e.g for European countries European Union created major changes, for Argentina, Chile, and other South American Countries IMF programs and reforms are important, for Eastern European Countries period after the breakdown of the Berlin wall….etc)
· Assess the country risks and political risks involved: Military coups, political instability, financial, economic, currency crises, and how they have been managed
· Assess the currency and translation risks
Finally come up with an investment advice: Would you recommend investments in this country? Why or Why not? Analyze portfolio investments and FDI separately, would you recommend one or not the other? What should the investor be aware of when they make the investment decisions? Do you see any potential problems or improvements in the country’s future?
The organization of the paper should be like an analysis report. Make sure it is well-organized, clear and to-the point. Do not write separate sections and attach them together. Make sure there is a clear flow to your paper. The best approach is to gather all the information, decide on your investment advice, and the write the other sections. Papers should include an executive summary, table of contents, clear definition of investment potentials and risks along with the body of the analysis. Make sure you properly cite all the resources you use. The rest of the organization is at the discretion of the groups, but remember that the presentation of your work is a reflection of the importance you put on that work.
Some potential resources:
· Economist Intelligence Unit Country Reports
· CIA’s world fact book: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html
· OECD: www.sourceoecd.org
· The Central Banks and monetary authorities of your respective countries
· The statistical institute of the country
the theme is Korea
Sample/Simple Outline of International Finance Project
– Overview of the Country
1 – Overview of Financial and Economic situation
2- – Overview of political, economical or other significant risks
3- – Analysis of the country as a potential location for FDI. Why? Why not? Potential risks? Other important factors to note.
4- – Analysis of the country as a potential for portfolio investment. Why? Why not? Potential risks? Other important factors to note.
5- – Conclusion
make sure you cite all outside sources you use. Citation methodology (APA/MLA) not important, but making sure to cite other people’s work is very important.
Make sure you back up your analysis with research.
I have done the part 1 and 2, so just do part 3 4 5
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.