1. Having been attacked and bitten by a German shepherd, Sam reacts with fear on spotting any large dog. According to recent developments in brain research the linking role of the _________ is paramount in the recall of this sort of fear-evoking stimulus.
A. visual cortex
B. left temporal lobe
2. I show you a picture of an adult figure hovering over a sleeping child. I ask you to tell me a story about what you think is happening. Which kind of projective test am I using?
A. Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
B. Behavioral assessment test
C. Thematic Apperception Test
D. Rorschach test
3. In Piaget’s model of cognitive development, a child’s tendency to view the world entirely from his or her own perspective is referred to as
A. the concrete operational stage.
B. the sensorimotor stage.
D. egocentric thought.
4. In the research conducted by Hans Eysenck, factor analysis was used to identify ________ basic personality dimensions. Of these, the tendency to distort reality was labeled:
A. five; neuroticism.
B. three; psychoticism
C. five; conscientiousness
D. three; extraversion
5. According to _______ approaches to motivation, each person strives to maintain a certain level of stimulation and activity.
6. According to Rogers, we can overcome the discrepancy between our self-concept and our experience through
A. unconditional cognitive regard.
B. conditional positive regard.
C. balancing conditional positive and conditional negative self-regard.
D. unconditional positive regard.
7. Which of the following statements regarding human sexuality is most accurate?
A. In females, estrogen production is a direct result of ovulation.
B. Masturbation is an infrequent but not uncommon cause of sexual dysfunctions.
C. Only a minority of people engage in sex fantasies during actual intercourse.
D. Regarding premarital sex, the double standard applies to both men and women.
8. In the _______ theory of motivation, _______ motivation is to satisfaction provided by activities that are their own reward as _______ motivation is to satisfaction derived from the reward for some kind of behavior, such as money or status.
A. drive-reduction; dependent; autonomous
B. cognitive; autonomous; dependent
C. cognitive; intrinsic; extrinsic
D. drive-reduction; extrinsic; intrinsic
9. Sternberg’s concept of practical intelligence is most directly related to
A. overall success in living.
B. information processing.
C. multiple intelligences.
D. emotional intelligence.
10. You maintain that physical changes in late adulthood are largely related to built-in time limits to cell reproduction. It’s safe to say that you endorse the _______ theory of aging.
B. amyloid precursor
C. genetic preprogramming
11. According to Bandura, the extent to which we feel we’re able to meet a challenge or pursue a task to a favorable outcome is our level of
D. openness to experience.
12. If you support the idea that physiological arousal and the experience of an associated emotion will occur simultaneously, you’ll agree with the
A. biological emotion-activation theory.
B. James-Lange theory of emotion.
C. Cannon-Bard theory of emotion.
D. Schachter-Singer theory of emotion.
13. If you agree with B.F. Skinner as to the nature of personality, you would also agree that
A. traits like sociability arise from unconscious wishes to be liked by others.
B. personality is shaped by people’s thoughts, feelings, expectations, and values.
C. human personality is largely shaped through observational learning.
D. humans are infinitely changeable because they can learn new behavior patterns.
14. I’m not all that happy, but when I smile I feel better. This idea might best be expressed by the
A. facial feedback hypothesis.
B. theory of universal affect programming.
C. emotional similarity theory.
D. facial-affect program.
15. In the Binet IQ test, an IQ score is equal to MA divided by CA times 100. In this formula, “MA” is to mental age as “CA” is to
A. cognitive age.
B. common age.
C. chronological age.
D. calculated ability.
16. In the context of intellectual disability, the great majority of people so challenged are classified as being _______ retarded.
17. Which of the following statements regarding adolescent suicide is not true?
A. Male suicide rates are five times higher than those for females.
B. Females attempt suicide more often than males.
C. Suicide is the leading cause of death among adolescents.
D. Suicide is normally associated with depression.
18. In Maslow’s needs hierarchy, people whose need for _______ has been fulfilled are poised to ascend to the level of self-actualization.
End of exam
C. love and belongingness
19. According to Erik Erikson, generativity-versus-stagnation is the typical challenge of
A. old age.
C. early adulthood.
D. middle adulthood.
20. People with a _______ can eat just about anything they want and not gain weight.
A. fixed weight set point
B. low metabolic rate
C. high metabolic rate
D. fixed proportion of fat cells
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.