HRM 531 Final Exam
1) Distrust, disrespect, and animosity pertain to which component of indirect costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
A. Quality of work relations
B. Participation and membership
C. Performance on the job
D. Communication breakdowns
2) Inventory shrinkages and accidents pertain to which component of direct costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
A. Employee conflict
B. Performance on the job
C. Loss of vitality
D. Communication breakdowns
3) Thousands of equal-pay lawsuits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed
B. African Americans
C. the elderly
D. Americans with disabilities
4) What term refers to those actions appropriate to overcome the effects of past or present policies, practices, or other barriers to equal employment opportunity?
D. Affirmative action
5) In the employment context, _______________ can be viewed broadly as giving an unfair advantage or disadvantage to the members of a particular group in comparison with the members of other groups
C. seniority system
D. race norming
6) Thousands of equal-pay suits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed
B. African Americans
C. the elderly
D. Americans with disabilities
7) Which of the following observations is correct?
A. Diversity is problem focused, and affirmative action is opportunity focused
B. Diversity is government initiated, and affirmative action is voluntary
C. Diversity is proactive, and affirmative action is reactive
D. Diversity is quantitative, and affirmative action is qualitative
8) Which of the following would you associate with managing diversity?
A. Government initiated
B. Assumes integration
C. Internally focused
9) “To be the world’s best quick-service restaurant” is an example of what?
A. Organizational charter
B. Standard operating procedure
C. Code of ethics
D. Vision statement
10) _________ is a job analysis method that lists tasks or behaviors and involves workers rating each task or behavior in terms of whether or not it is performed. If the task is performed, workers also rate the frequency, importance, level of difficulty, and relationship to overall performance
A. Job performance
B. Structured questionnaires
D. Critical incidents
11) Recruitment begins by specifying _____, which are the typical results of job analysis and workforce planning activities
A. human resource requirements
B. strategic imperatives
C. succession plans
D. affirmative action candidates
12) The step following recruitment is _____, which is basically a rapid, rough selection process
A. an orientation
B. an initial screening
C. a suspension
D. a workforce plan
13) During the _____ stage, it is most important to select the managers who can develop stable management systems to preserve the gains achieved during the embryonic stage
14) Increasing an individual’s employability outside the company simultaneously increases his or her job security and desire to stay with the current employer. What is this known as?
A. Training paradox
B. Pygmalion effect
C. Distributed practice
D. Massed practice
15) Which is a characteristic of the most effective training practices?
A. Training starts at the bottom of the organization
B. Training is part of the corporate culture
C. Training is evaluated by checking participant reactions
D. Little time is spent assessing training needs
16) Which analysis is helpful in determining the special needs of a particular group, such as older workers, women, or managers at different levels?
17) Providing adequate resources to get a job done right and on time, and paying careful attention to selecting employees, are parts of
A. employee welfare
B. grievance management
C. performance appraisal
D. performance facilitation
18) This can be thought of as a compass that indicates a person’s actual direction as well as a person’s desired direction.
A. Management by objectives
B. Forced distribution
C. Central tendency
D. Performance management
19) What would you call a meeting that is typically done once a year to identify and discuss job-relevant strengths and weaknesses of individuals or work teams?
A. performance appraisal
B. performance facilitation
C. performance encouragement
D. performance standard
20) When managing careers, what should organizations do?
A. Plan for shorter employment relationships
B. Focus primarily on employee needs and aspirations
C. Allow employees to structure work assignments
D. Focus on and recognize career stages that employees go through
21) A sequence of positions occupied by a person during the course of a lifetime is characteristic of what type of career?
22) In the new world of career management, the primary goal is to provide which of the following for employees?
A. Rising aspirations
B. Executive ranking
C. Psychological success
D. Time off when they need it
23) At a broad level, _____ includes anything an employee values and desires that an employer is able and willing to offer in exchange for employee contributions
A. a competency-based pay system
B. an employee stock ownership plan
C. an organizational reward system
D. a merit-pay method
24) This benefit, tied mostly to profitability and promising better job security, but not guaranteeing it, is at the center of the evolving bonus system
A. Contribution-based pay
B. Competency-based pay
C. Skill-based pay
D. Flexible pay
25) Financial rewards include direct payments plus indirect payments in the form of what?
A. Individual equity
B. Corporate compensation
C. Spot awards
D. Employee benefits
26) Which law offers full coverage for retirees, dependent survivors, and disabled persons insured by 40 quarters of payroll taxes on their past earnings or earnings of heads of households?
A. Federal Unemployment Tax Act
B. Social Security Act
C. Workers’ compensation
D. Employee Retirement Income Security Act
27) Plans are known as _____ when the employees share in the cost of the premiums
D. peer participating
28) Which type of justice refers to the quality of interpersonal treatment that employees receive in their everyday work?
29) Procedural justice affects citizenship behaviors by influencing employees’ perceptions of _____, the extent to which the organization values employees’ general contributions and cares for their well being.
A. due process
B. management accessibility
C. indirect compensation
D. organizational support
30) When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.