1. Individual decision making is a good approach when:
A. The leader has enough expertise to make a good decision.
B. The decision is complex with many possible solutions.
C. Commitment to the decision by other people is critical.
D. The decision will directly impact many agencies, individuals, or community members.
2. A poor decision with ethical implications can escalate an emergency into an unmanageable situation.
3. When applying the problem-solving model to ethical solutions, be sure to consider:
A. Stakeholder needs and values.
B. Private gain.
C. Evacuation priorities.
D. Individual compliance.
4. A common operating picture ____________ decision making in a crisis.
5. Which of the following is an advantage of group decision making?
A. It tends to limit discussion of the problem.
B. It is more likely to be influenced by a vocal few.
C. It provides a broader perspective and taps a wider range of expertise.
D. It is successful when time is limited and leadership is absent.
6. Which of the following factors can impede decision making in an incident?
A. Clear values
B. Focus on the big picture
C. Validated information
D. Time pressure
7. When selecting group members for problem solving, it is more effective to include people who:
A. Have a stake in the outcome.
B. Are homogeneous in makeup.
C. Have limited decision-making authority.
D. Represent jurisdictions with no stake in the outcome.
8. The initial step of the five-step problem-solving model is to:
A. Identify the problem.
B. Clarify values.
C. Develop an approach.
D. Explore alternatives
9. Decision makers should determine who is affected by an emergency during this step of the problem-solving process.
A. Select an alternative.
B. Implement the soution.
C. Make a decision.
D. Identify the problem.
10. Failure to verify information can lead to:
A. Good decisions.
B. Poor decisions.
C. Group decisions.
D. Individual decisions.
11. During which step of the problem-solving model should you eliminate alteratives that appear unethical.
A. Identify the problem.
B. Implement the solution.
C. Select an alternative.
D. Make a decision.
12. When selecting a solution in an ethical situation, be sure to consider:
A. Personal compliance.
B. Your values and those of your organization.
C. The community’s taxholder base.
D. All possible solutions, regardless of how they appear ethically.
13. An effective decision maker should:
A. Make decisions based solely on financial and environmental factors.
B. Promote groupthink to evaluate potential solutions.
C. Have a clear view of values and keep them in mind at each step of the process.
D. Rely on primary sources of information and avoid secondary sources when making decisions.
14. Which of the following factors can impede decision making in an incident?
A. Fatigue and stress.
B. Common operating picture.
C. Forming smaller groups.
D. Common priorities.
15. The decision-making for emergencies process should begin:
A. After an emergency operations center has been established.
B. During the execution phase of the decision-making cycle.
C. Well before any emergency strikes.
D. Under emergency conditions.
16. Ethical dilemmas can complicate decisions where there is no legal precedent or established procedures.
17. Effective decision making in an emergency results in the following, EXCEPT FOR:
A. Quicker recovery time from the emergency event.
B. Better management of the incident.
C. Increased trust and support from the community.
D. Increased risk of injury to victims or responders.
18. The number and magnitude of decisions and problems that must be addressed during an emergency are a direct outgrowth of:
A. The steps of the problem-solving model.
B. Decisions that were or were not made during the planning process.
C. The size of the decision-making group.
D. The length of the execution phase of the decision-making cycle.
19. Under stress, decision makers are more likely to:
A. Exhibit poor judgment.
B. Focus on longer range alternatives.
C. Avoid conflict with other key players.
D. Engage with other key players for longer periods of time.
20. A key characteristic of effective problem-solving groups is their:
A. Large size.
B. Duplication of function.
C. Emphasis on unanimous agreement.
D. Diverse makeup.
21. Which of the following is a limitation of group decision making?
A. It requires adequate time and good leadership to be successful.
B. It unleashes the creative potential of team members in developing alternatives.
C. It reduces the use of discussion in order to lessen uncertainties.
D. It reduces ownership and buy-in.
22. An effective decision maker ensures quality information by:
A. Validating information to be true and accurate.
B. Defending baseline data from reports received from other sources.
C. Avoiding secondary sources of information.
D. Discounting conflicting opinions.
23. A problem-solving model helps to minimize impediments to decision making and the impact of stress.
24. The steps of the analytical problem-solving model include: identifying the problem, exploring alternatives, ___________, implementing a solution, and evaluating the situation.
A. Analyzing the situation.
B. Identifying the stakeholders.
C. Selecting alternatives.
D. Building an implementation plan.
25. Using the five-step problem-solving model, after selecting an alternative, the next step is to:
A. Explore alternatives.
B. Identify the problem.
C. Implement the solution.
D. Assess the situation
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.