1. Assume that the data has a normal distribution and the number of observations is greater than fifty. Find the critical z value used to test a null hypothesis.
A= 0.05 for a left-tailed test.
Find the value of the test statistic z using z = P-P/?
pq/n The claim is that the proportion of accidental
2. deaths of the elderly attributable to residential falls is more than 0.10, and the sample statistics include n = 800 deaths of the elderly with 15% of them attributable to residential falls.
3. Use the given information to find the P-value. Also, use a 0.05 significance level and state the conclusion about the null hypothesis (reject the null hypothesis or fail to reject the null hypothesis).
The test statistic in a right-tailed test is z = 1.43.
4. Find the number of successes x suggested by the given statement.
Among 720 people selected randomly from among the residents of one city, 13.89% were found to be living below the official poverty line.
Assume that you plan to use a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to test the claim that p1 = p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the z test statistic for the hypothesis test.
5. random sampling of sixty pitchers from the National League and fifty-two pitchers from the American League showed that 19 National and 11 American League pitchers had E.R.A’s below 3.5.
6. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to test the claim that p1 = p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the P-value for the hypothesis test.
n1 = 50; n2 = 50
x1 = 8; x2 = 7
7. Construct the indicated confidence interval for the difference between population proportions . Assume that the samples are independent and that they have been randomly selected.
In a random sample of 300 women, 49% favored stricter gun control legislation. In a random sample of 200 men, 28% favored stricter gun control legislation. Construct a 98% confidence interval for the difference between the population proportions p1 – p2.
8. Construct the indicated confidence interval for the difference between the two population means. Assume that the two samples are independent simple random samples selected from normally distributed populations. Also assume that the population standard deviations are equal (sigma1 = sigma2), so that the standard error of the difference between means is obtained by pooling the sample variances. A researcher was interested in comparing the resting pulse rates of people who exercise regularly and people who do not exercise regularly. Independent simple random samples were obtained of 16 people who do not exercise regularly and 12 people who do exercise regularly. The resting pulse rate (in beats per minute) of each person was recorded. The summary statistics are as follows
Do not Exercise | Does Exercise
X1=73.4 beats/per min X2=69.7 beats/per min
S1=10.3 beats/per min S2=8.6 beats/ per min
Construct a 90% confidence interval for the difference between the mean pulse rate of people who do not exercise regularly and the mean pulse rate of people who exercise regularly.
9. The two data sets are dependent. Find d= to the nearest tenth x=11.2, 11.3,11.6,12.9, 10.6.
Y=11.1, 12.6, 12.9, 10.7, 13.3
10. Given the linear correlation coefficient r and the sample size n, determine the critical values of r and use your finding to state whether or not the given r represents a significant linear correlation. Use a significance level of 0.05.
r = 0.843, n = 5
11. Find the value of the linear correlation coefficient r.
The paired data below consist of the test scores of 6 randomly selected students and the number of hours they studied for the test. Hours= 5, 10, 4, 6, 10, 9…..Score=64,86,69,86,59,87
12. Suppose you will perform a test to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support a claim of a linear correlation between two variables. Find the critical values of r given the number of pairs of data n and the significance level alpha.
n = 17, alpha = 0.05
13. Use the given data to find the best predicted value of the response variable.
Nine pairs of data yield r=0.867 and the regression equation y=19.4 + 0.93x. Also, y=64.7. What is the best predicted value of y for x=50?
14. 25,28,21,21,25,26,30,34,36 Dexterity 49, 53,59,42,47,53,55,63,67,75
Use the given data to find the equation of the regression line. Round the final values to three significant digits, if necessary.
Two different tests are designed to measure employee productivity and dexterity. Several employees are randomly selected and tested with these results. Productivity 23,
15. Use the given information to find the coefficient of determination.
A regression equation is obtained for a collection of paired data. It is found that the total variation is 130.3, the explained variation is 79.3, and the unexplained variation is 51. Find the coefficient of determination.
16. Find the explained variation for the paired data.
17. Find the unexplained variation for the paired data.
18. Find the total variation for the paired data.
19. Given below are the analysis of variance results from a Minitab display. Assume that you want to use a 0.05 significance level in testing the null hypothesis that the different samples come from populations with the same mean.
Identify the value of the test statistic.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.