FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND STOCK SELECTION
The student is required to perform a financial analysis of two companies, AMC and CNK by comparing them to each other or the industry average. The student is required to submit a this as a report.
**See the below for further Instructions for the Financial Analysis and Stock Selection Project**
**The evaluation associated with this project will be based on the following: investment philosophy and stock analysis**
**YAHOO FINANCE, EXCEL, OR ANY OTHER RESOURCES**
The analysis should include the following:
1. Investment philosophy
2. Economic and Industry Outlook
3. Stock selection criteria
4. A brief description of each company and its products/services (revenue model). Company’s
management and business strategy, competitors, company’s business risk and financial risk.
5. Graphs: Asset, Revenues (sales), Net Income (last 3 years), stock prices (1 year).
6. Financial Statement Analysis: Common Size Statement Analysis, Cash Flow Statement
7. Financial Ratio Analysis (Compare Debt Ratio, ROE, ROA, Profit Margin, P/E Ratio to
industry average). Please comments of your analysis.
8. Projected data: Earnings, Cash Flow and Dividends (next 3-5 years)
9. Valuation analysis: (a) Compare the required rate of return (Kr) and the Expected Rate of
Return (Ke) or (b) Compare the company’s current stock price and the intrinsic value of the
10. The reasons which this stock was selected
11. Please look up the stocks’ beta.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
AND STOCK SELECTION PROJECT
Chapters 3, 4, 8 and 9 from Fundamentals of Financial Management, Concise 10th edition, provide a good discussion and procedures in analyzing a company’s financial statements, financial ratios and valuation analysis. The student is required to submit a written report of the following:
1. Perform Financial Statement Analysis of AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) and Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (CNK) within the same industry: Common Size Statement Analysis of the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement
(see the lecture PPT slides, compare the data of the selected 2 companies—no industry average data is required for Common Size analysis). Analyze the Balance Sheet, Income
Statement and Statement of Cash Flows: provide comments based on your observation – which company has better financial data?).
2. Perform Financial Ratios Analysis of AMC and CNK: Utilizing the company’s financial statements, please calculate the following ratios:
• Long-Term Debt to Equity (or Total Debt to Total Asset)
• Net Profit Margin
• P/E ratio (please show your calculations)
3. Compare the above financial ratios of AMC and CNK (OR with the Industry Average, if available) (see Chapters 3 and 4).
4. Perform Valuation Analysis: Determine and compare the Expected Return (Ke) and the Required Return (Kr) of each stock (see Chapters 8 and 9); OR calculate the Appraised (intrinsic) Value of each company’s stock and compare this value with the company’s current stock price. Provide comments based on the above results. Please “Google” the latest Treasury bill rate (Risk-free rate). See attached sheet for RPm.
5. Based on the above analysis: Select One Company (one of the two)
6. Provide a brief description of the selected company, its products/services, its management and the company’s business strategy
7. Discussion of the selected company’s financial strength and reasons which this stock should be selected for investment.
8. Provide the selected company’s stock symbol (look up in (finance)
9. Provide the selected Company’s closing stock price (look up in (finance)
10. For the Final Report: Please submit (1) all calculations of Common Size statements,
financial ratios and Appraised Values (2) discussions and conclusions. Please put in the appendix: The balance sheets, Income statements, Statements of Cash Flow (of the 2
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.