6. Lauren Entertainment, Inc., has an 18 percent annual growth rate compared to the market rate of 8 percent. If the market multiple is 18, determine P/E ratios for Lauren Entertainment, Inc., assuming its beta is 1.0 and you feel it can maintain its superior growth rate for:
a. the next 10 years.
b. the next 5 years.
7. You are given the following information about two computer software firms and the S&P Industrials:
a. Compute the growth duration of each company stock relative to the S&P Industrials.
b. Compute the growth duration of Company A relative to Company B.
c. Given these growth durations, what determines your investment decision?
8. The value of an asset is the present value of the expected returns from the asset during the holding period. An investment will provide a stream of returns during this period, and it is necessary to discount this stream of returns at an appropriate rate to determine the asset’s present value. A dividend valuation model such as the following is frequently used:
a.Identify the three factors that must be estimated for any valuation model, and explain why these estimates are more difficult to derive for common stocks than for bonds.
b.Explain the principal problem involved in using a dividend valuation model to value:
(1) companies whose operations are closely correlated with economic cycles.
(2) companies that are of very large and mature.
(3) companies that are quite small and are growing rapidly.
Assume that all companies pay dividends.
10.The constant-growth dividend discount model can be used both for the valuation of companies and for the estimation of the long-term total return of a stock.
a.Using only the preceding data, compute the expected long-term total return on the stock using the constant-growth dividend discount model.
b.Briefly discuss three disadvantages of the constant-growth dividend discount model in its application to investment analysis.
c.Identify three alternative methods to the dividend discount model for the valuation of companies.
11.An analyst expects a risk-free return of 4.5 percent, a market return of 14.5 percent, and the returns for Stocks A and B that are shown in Exhibit 14.24.
a.Show on a graph:
(1) where Stocks A and B would plot on the security market line (SML) if they were fairly valued using the capital asset pricing model (CAPM).
(2) where Stocks A and B actually plot on the same graph according to the returns estimated by the analyst and shown in Exhibit 14.24.
b.State whether Stocks A and B are undervalued or overvalued if the analyst uses the SML for strategic investment decisions.
12.Lauren Turk is reviewing Francesca Toy’s financial statements in order to estimate its sustainable growth rate. Using the information presented in Exhibit 14.25:
a.(1) identify and calculate the three components of the DuPont formula.
(2) calculate the ROE for 2011, using the three components of the DuPont formula.
(3) calculate the sustainable-growth rate for 2011.
b.Turk has calculated actual and sustainable growth for each of the past four years and finds in each year that its calculated sustainable-growth rate substantially exceeds its actual growth rate. Cite two courses of action (other than ignoring the problem) that Turk should encourage Francesca Toy to take, assuming the calculated sustainable-growth rate continues to exceed the actual growth rate.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.