You could use Google or other search engines to find ads, billboard images, movie posters, etc; you could look through actual print copies of magazines that you own or otherwise have access to; you could use the links below to access online archives:
http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/adaccess/ — a collection of historical ads from Duke University Library
adflip.com/ — an archive of classic print ads
http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/ — collection of vintage ads
Some helpful hints for finding images:
1. The images you choose MUST be ones that were produced by actual, legitimate companies and circulated in mainstream media for real commercial purposes. All of Katz’s and Kilbourne’s images come from mainstream commercial sources, so your images should come from such sources as well. Please do not choose images that have already been discussed in Katz’s or Kilbourne’s videos or in the sample student papers posted on Blackboard.
2. You’ll have to submit your chosen images this week. So, when you find images that are interesting to you, please be sure to save them to your computer. If you choose images from actual print magazines (as opposed to those found in electronic databases), you’ll need to scan the images so that you have electronic copies of them.
3. BEFORE you begin searching for images, please re-read the assignment description to remind yourself of your goal and purpose.
4. Since your primary goal in Project #2 is to apply Kilbourne’s or Katz’s ideas to two specific images, and since their ideas focus on representations of PEOPLE, be sure to find images that actually have people in them (or at least people-like characters–for instance, an ad that shows a stick of gum shaped as a woman). You’ll have more success with this assignment if your images actually use people in them!
5. Remember that your two images need to have something in common–maybe they’re movie posters for similar types of movies. Or maybe they’re ads for the exact same product but for different ad campaigns in different magazines. Just be sure NOT to choose two images that have nothing to do with each other–like an ad for a car, and an ad for shaving cream.
6. If you want, you could choose images from two different time periods–e.g., an ad for a weight-loss supplement from the 1950s and one from today. In the past, students have had a lot of fun with this kind of approach!
After your instructor receives your ads in your weekly work submission, he/she will review, comment on, and “approve” them (i.e., tell you whether he/she thinks your images will work for the project).
1. What specific images have you chosen? Are they ads? Billboards? Movie posters? Something else?
2. Where did you find these images (what specific online site, or what print publication)? Don’t just say “google images”–give the specific site.
3. Do these images actually portray people in some way–in the images presented and/or in the wording that accompanies the images?
4. Do these images have something in common (e.g., they’re both ads for a similar kind of product; they promote a similar kind of message, etc.)? Explain the commonality you see in your images.
5. Off the top of your head, name one idea of Jean Kilbourne’s or Jackson Katz’s (from their videos) that you think applies to these images–and briefly explain how that idea applies. (For example, maybe you’ve found movie posters that illustrate Katz’s ideas about the normalization of violence in contemporary media. Or maybe you’ve found ads that contradict Kilbourne’s ideas about the obsession with thinness in contemporary advertising.)
6. Overall, why have you chosen these particular images to focus on?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.