The Director of Accounting has some concerns about the month-end close cutoff procedures that are currently in place at County General Hospital and is looking to you for some recommendations. Their main concern is that not all revenues and expenses are recorded in the proper months. This is of particular concern because the fiscal year end (December 31st) is coming up, and the Director of Accounting does not want any audit adjustments.
The director has formally reached out to you via email with a list of transactions that they are concerned about:
Start the memo with a paragraph that addresses VP level management. This should be opening sentences that explain why the transactions are being reviewed. Simply explaining the need for adjustments at the end of an accounting period can be included in this paragraph. Explain the difference between an accrual and deferral and why it makes a difference in adjusting as well
· The company delivered services in September $10,000 payment that was made in November. (accounts receivable/revenue; cash/accounts receivable)
· The company is 80% done on a $50,000 contract for services but have not billed the client yet.
· On December 1st the company purchased a one-year insurance policy on behalf of their executives for $12,000 and debited prepaid insurance. (Asset, pre-paid expense not yet used)
· The companies last pay period ends on December 24th. The biweekly payroll is consistent at $500,000 per pay period. (Accrued expense/Cash)
· Interest payment on the company bonds ($1,000,000 face value, 6%) is made semiannually on January 15th and July 15th.
· The company’s electric meter is read on the 15th of each month, and the bill is not received until the first of the following month. The electric bill is consistently running $5,000 per month. (expense/accounts payable) deferral
· The company utilizes a storage facility on the other side of town. The landlord, as part of an inducement to the company, has agreed to delay the December cash payment for use until January 15th of next year. The company signed a monthly rental agreement of $2,000 per month on December 1st. (Accounts Payable/Rental Expense) deferral
The direction has also asked the following questions:
· Will these transactions require an adjusting entry? Why?
· Is it an accrual or deferral and give your justification?
· What are the accounts that will be debited and credited for this entry?
The director closes the email by asking that you create a memo with your findings that they can take to the Vice President of Accounting.
***Mastery assignment must include the following:
1. A detailed memo with proper formatting; tone of the memo is specific for VP level management.
2. All correct answers for whether each of the transactions requires an adjusting entry or not and why the answer was chosen.
3. All answers were correct for each of the transactions regarding whether it is an accrual or deferral; included justification for each transaction.
4. Identifies all of the accounts that would be debited and credited for each of the entries.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.