WiLD WooD Apartments 3-2
The managers at Wild Wood Apartments are anxious to see some progress on their database. They have answered your questions and now want to see some results. They really want the new database to be in place before the beginning of the new fiscal year in July. It is time to design the database.
1. Review all the requirements and business rules.
2. Define your entities and attributes and the relations that
Exist between them.
3. Create a logical model using crow’s feet notation in Visio or hand draw it on graph paper if you prefer.
4. Add all the entities and their attributes. You don’t need to worry about data types for now.
5. Identify the key fields for each entity and the foreign keys.
6. Analyze the diagram. Identify which role (i.e., domain, linking, lookup, or weak) each entity plays in your database.
7. Have another student or a group review it for the following:
a. Are all the major components of the Wildwood Apartments business model represented by domain entities?
b. Does each entity contain the appropriate attributes to fully describe it and meet the business rules you have gathered so far?
c. Does every entity have an appropriate primary key defined?
d. Are all many-to-many relationships resolved into one-to-many relationships by linking tables?
e. Are the relationships valid (no cross relationships)? Is the appropriate entity is defined as the one side of a one-to-many relationship? Do the tables have appro- priate foreign keys? Also check for other such issues.
f. Are lookup tables used for attributes that have a set list of values?
8. Documentation: Be sure to store your ERDs in your database notebook.
4-1 Scenario Activity: Database Design——–Please see below
Based on your selected scenario from Hands-On Database, complete the “To Do” activities described at the end of Chapters 6 and 7 of the textbook. Your response should be submitted as a Word document.
Wild Wood Apartments Chapter 6
You have completed the designs for the apartment management database. You reviewed it and all the business rules with the owners, and they are eager to proceed. Now you need to take your design and translate it into an actual database. Once you have done that, you know that you will need to enter data to test the database, to make sure it does, in fact, store all the required data.
1. Review your diagram for the database, making sure that the design is complete and normalized.
2. Create the database in SQL Server.
3. Create the tables in the new database, selecting appropriate data types for the columns, setting a primary key for each table, and setting allow nulls as appropriate.
4. Create a database diagram, and create the relationships among tables.
5. Add some sample data to each table.
6. Documentation: Make a data dictionary that lists each table, all the columns for that table, and the data types for each column.
The citation provided is a guideline. Please check each citation for accuracy before use.
Now that the basic database is in place, the Wild Wood Apartments managers are eager to see the database in action and see if it meets all their needs and requirements. It is time to look at the business rules and test them with some SQL. Look at the business rules you developed previously, and design some SQL queries to test them. Documentation: Set up a test plan. List the rule, the SQL you wrote, and the results. Also note whether the database passes or fails the test. Your queries should include the following:
• Two or three simple SELECTs with various WHERE criteria.
• Two or three queries using aggregate functions.
• At least two queries that use joins. • Two or three INSERT statements.
•One or two UPDATEs and/or a DELETE.
Based on your selected scenario from Hands-On Database, complete the “To Do” activities described at the end of Chapter 8 of the textbook. Your response should be submitted as a Word document.
WiLD WooD APArTmenTS
The apartment managers at Wild Wood like what you have done so far, but as the database takes shape, they have begun to worry about security. The tenant information should not be accessible to just anyone. And they would like to keep the financial information internal, and not let outsiders or other companies see the details of their operation.
1. Create tables of the data access needs of your users.
2. Create a security plan that includes authentication and authorization and general policies and procedures. Consider the use of roles, stored procedures, views, and other tools.
3. Documentation: Document and define all the aspects of your plan.
4. Create a preliminary threat analysis.
5. Make a preliminary disaster management plan.
6. Create a view of the data that is tailored to the needs of one of your uses.
7. For extra credit, create a stored procedure that executes one of the basic activities for your database (making a rent payment, for instance, or a maintenance request).
I have included 4 different scenarios that I need to be completed as soon as possible. I have also included an attachment of the scenario for you to read. Based on the information that you have, you should be able to completed the scenarios without issue. The person that finish this without issues, I will pay a bonus on top of my budget. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGARISM !!!!
PEASE READ THE ATTACHMENT FOR WILD WOOD APARTMENTS
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.