For this project you will demonstrate competency in researching economics; that is, creatively designing a research question, locating pertinent and credible data to support an answer, and presenting results in a professional and articulate manner. Furthermore, you will also be applying fundamental statistical concepts to your data sets to more quantitively answer your research questions. Follow these steps to complete the project:
1. Using the data covered in the Health, Education, and Crime slides, generate six research questions to study (e.g. “Have thyroid cancer rates have increased since 2000?”, “What is the educational attainment across races in California?”). You are to create two research questions from Health, two from Education, and two from Crime. You are to use a different data source for each research question (e.g. CDC, FBI, NAEP, etc.) in the overall project. Raw data in excel form is necessary for this project (google “data source, subject, Excel” for fastest results). All research question must utilize a minimum of 30 data points (n>=30).
2. Excel File: For each research question create an Excel sheet with your data set, one graph and the statistical metrics listed below. For the overall project you are to use each of the statistical concepts at least once and construct at least three different types of graphs. All statistical metrics are to be calculated in Excel using the functions reviewed in class.
ü Mean (weighted, arithmetic, or geometric)
ü Sample Variance
ü Standard Deviation
ü Coefficient of Variation
ü 90th Percentile
ü Z-score for data points
ü Discrete probability distribution histogram
3. PowerPoint Presentation: For each question, create a PowerPoint slide containing one graph, your statistical metrics, up to three bullet points (optional), and hyperlinks to your data source website (make sure the links work). The PowerPoint should also contain an introduction slide (e.g. name, project #, and class).
4. Submission: Upload the Excel and PowerPoint file into the link provided in Blackboard by the due date (no e-mailed copies).
5. Grading: Project grade is weighted 50/50 for Excel/PowerPoint; however, both must be submitted to receive a score. Excel graphs must be derived from the data input in Excel. The PowerPoint is graded subjectively as a presentation to your fellow classmates so cosmetics, spelling, character size, color, creativity all matter.
6. Academic Integrity: Do not copy graphs from websites nor replicate another student’s work.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.