M2 Assignment 2 Submission
Assignment 2: Errors in Reasoning
In this assignment, you will select one of the topics listed below. Using what you know about the topic, describe at least four claims that might commonly be made that display some of the errors in reasoning covered in this module’s readings. You may have to do a bit of research to find popular positions on these topics.
For example, if the claim is: Children should not be allowed to play violent video games.
Then four common claims about the subject might be:
* Children have always played violent games and they turned out okay.
* Dr. Dre says that violent video games are okay.
* Everybody knows that violent video games don’t cause problems.
* Many countries banned violent video games and they have higher crime rates than we do.
And the errors they represent might be:
* Children have always played violent games and they turned out okay (appeal to tradition and false analogy).
* Dr. Dre says that violent video games are okay (argument by mistaken authority).
* Everybody knows that violent video games don’t cause problems (appeal to common belief).
* Many countries banned violent video games and they have higher crime rates than we do (post hoc ergo propter hoc).
* Any sentence that talks about how we have always done something as a way to justify doing it is an appeal to tradition.
* The claim looks like it comes from an authority, but Dr. Dre is a musician, not a doctor.
* Any claim that says that everyone knows something as a way to justify doing it is an appeal to common belief.
* Showing that two things happened (that video games are accepted and crime is up) does not prove that the two things are related or that the first caused the second; this is called post hoc ergo propter hoc, which means after this, so because of this.
Select one of these topics. Using what you know about the topic and additional research you conduct, describe at least four claims that might commonly be made that display some of the errors in reasoning covered in this module’s readings.
* Should people under 18 be subjected to legal curfews or restricted driving privileges?
* Should libraries be required to install filtering software or otherwise censor the materials that they provide?
* Should insurance companies be required to pay for breast reconstruction, birth control pills, or Viagra?
* Should the use of camera phones be banned in gymnasiums or other locations?
Write your 600-word response in the Microsoft Word document format. Name the file M2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc, and submit it to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Provided at least four commonly made claims about your selected topic (four common claims). 40
Named the errors found in each common claim (the errors represented). 30
Explained what factors show that the error is present (definitions). 20
Applied current APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references. Professionally presented the response by using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation. 10
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.