Claire wakes up to her alarm sounding. It is time to get ready for school. She stands up out of bed, stretches and walks to the bathroom to take a shower. Before getting in, she checks the water temperature. After her shower, as she is getting dressed she begins to salivate at the smell of the breakfast her roommate has made for the both of them. List the divisions of the nervous system that are involved in each of these actions.
PART 2 CASE STUDY
A 30 year-old female with multiple sclerosis (MS) has come for their routine check up with her neurologist. Her first signs and symptoms several years earlier. The symptoms were not concerning as it was only tingling sensations that were a mild discomfort. Those feelings also went away. It became worrisome when the sensation transitioned into pain and tingling. She began to lose coordination during each cycle, and over time she never fully recovered from the previous flare.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource in APA format to support your answers.
1. What cellular structure is degenerating and rebuilding in MS?
2. Does this explain the progression we see with the signs and symptoms? Explain why.
3. When there are issues with the neural tissue like this, they will often look into the eye. Why?
4. Here are three early symptoms. that we might see in MS. Assign them to whether they are a part of the sensory, motor or autonomic nervous system. Afterward, try to describe how MS would cause these symptoms.
Week 2 Nervous System-Introduction
· Organize the NS into structural and functional divisions
· Locate and identify the cellular components of nervous tissue
· Explain the formation of the resting membrane potential and the action potential, and the propagation of the action potential to form a nerve impulse.
· Explain the factors involved in the transmission of an action potential from one neuron to another in the synapse.
The nervous system is a vast network of neurons that act as a communication system throughout the body. The structures of the nervous system include the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. Today you will explore its organization and cellular components. You will also explore the physiology of action potentials that allows communication via electrical impulses.
Part 1: Complete the activities in Anatomy.TV Nervous system: Introduction, Organization, Nervous tissue, Action Potentials, Synapses
To access Anatomy.TV: Resources tab>Library>Library Resources-Database A-Z>Anatomy.TV>Titles(default tab): Choose Nervous system>choose assigned sections
You will work through the material and activities by scrolling down on the right. This will allow you to see and work through all activities for that section.
Keep the lab report with you as you complete the activities to record data.
Part 2: Complete the lab report.
Nervous System Lab Report
1. List the components of the central nervous system vs the peripheral nervous system.
(1 point; ½ point each)
2. Compare and contrast the following parts of the peripheral NS utilizing the chart: (3 points; 1/2 point each)
Control (Voluntary or Involuntary)
3. Label the neuron with the following terms. (½ point each for 2 ½ points)
Axon, hillock, myelin sheath, soma, dendrites
3. Name the 3 distinct phases of an action potential. (1 point each for 3 points)
4. a. What is myelin? (½ point)
b. What is its function in the myelin sheath? (1 point)
5. What is the general function of neuroglia? (½ point)
7. a. Which neuroglia provides the myelin sheath in the CNS? (½ point)
b. Which neuroglia provides the myelin sheath in the PNS? (½ point)
6. When an action potential reaches the presynaptic axon terminal it will lead to depolarization of the membrane triggering opening of voltage gated calcium channels.
What will result from the increase in calcium in the presynaptic axon terminal?
(See synapse tab) (1 ½ points)
7. How does the CNS interact with the PNS? (1 point)
Complete Anatomy.TV lab activities
Complete lab report
Complete all lab activities
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.