MUST!!! Quote from “Approaches To Peace” by David P. Barash and “Getting Past No” by William Ury.
This course surveys the key issues in the study of non-violence, conflict management, and social justice. It introduces non-violence as a philosophy and promotes skills in conflict resolution and actions for social change. The course draws connections between personal, community, and global aggression and ways to make the cultural shift to peace. These include theoretical models, concrete case studies, and experiential learning. Students will acquire an understanding of practical tools and skills, as well as underlying non-violent principles and theory in order to resolve conflicts, contribute to peacemaking in their own lives, in communities, and on a global scale. Personal peace and group conflict resolution include: non-violent communication; interpersonal conflict resolution; integrations of spirituality and civic engagement; practices such as meditation, etc. Social Justice topics include: war resistance and self-determination of people and their resources, the Satyagraha movement of India and the Civil Rights Movement of the U.S. and other global examples; stands against racism; labor struggles; the role of women in building peace; creation of alternative economic structures to corporate privatization. This course relies on the active participation of students in designated community service organizations, class discussions and projects, analysis of current global conflicts, and regular reflections. This course offers an intellectual and experiential way to see how non-violent theory can be applied to social issues such as militarism, racism, ecology, and personal life in our contemporary world. The learning experience includes immersion in the activities of the service learning project, deep and regular reflection, critical analysis, discussions with others. Reflection papers, oral presentations, major paper and 25 hours of service learning are requirements.
1. Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of theories regarding origins of violence and non-violence, conflict and conflict management.
2. Students will explore the recent and current political, economic, social and religious conflicts and specific cases for peace management.
3. Students will interpret the material well enough to offer significant contributions in dialogue drawing from the readings and community service experiences, use lessons to solve problems, and critically reflect on the major concepts and practices in the course.
4. Students will examine the nature of power in society at the levels of personal power, community power, national power and global power and begin to understand what role power plays in securing peace and justice.
5) Students will demonstrate integration of their learning by using various reference materials, websites, and community service to present organized presentation of their own thoughts.
6) Students will apply lessons from critical ethical perspectives to contemporary problems.
7) Students will integrate service-learning experiences into their overall understanding of power, peace, conflict resolution, non-violence, and social justice.
8) Students will discover ways to take action more fully to contribute to civic life as conflict resolvers, social justice participants, and as planetary citizens.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.