1. The textbook discusses the effective, appropriate use of walls. Which of the following teachers is demonstrating what the book discussed?
A. “Most of my walls are covered with children’s work. As long as it’s created by children, I have no limits on what can be placed on the wall.”
B. “I carefully choose what to place on the walls. It must meet several criteria including being defendable and authentic.”
C. “In my class, I have a very large calendar, a weather chart, ABCs, number lines, and color charts. This takes up most of the space.”
D. “My walls have several bulletin boards. I surround the board with cute, store-purchased borders. I have colorful learning materials and change the board for each holiday and season.”
2. Which of the following would be the best example of a learning center as defined by the book?
A. A collection of fossils in a locked glass case
B. An area containing a variety of different hands-on activities
C. A comprehensive library of children’s literature
D. A folder containing a matching game
3. Which of the following statements most accurately reflects learning centers for children in first through third grade?
A. By the time children reach first grade, it’s no longer important to have learning centers since children are mainly completing paperwork at their desks.
B. Children at this age are too old for play. Since play is at the basis of learning centers, they’re no longer necessary.
C. Learning centers continue to be a valuable method of learning for first- through third-grade children.
D. The schedule for children in these grades doesn’t allow enough time to integrate learning centers. If they’re set up, they’ll be used only occasionally.
4. Which of the following is an accurate statement about improving air quality?
A. It’s important to ventilate buildings by opening the windows or having a ventilation system.
B. Humidity should be below 40% to reduce mold and increase children’s natural mucus.
C. Since air quality if often worse outdoors than indoors, it’s important to keep the windows closed.
D. Burning candles can help to mask odors and to clean the air.
5. We can assist to keep playgrounds safe through using S.A.F.E, which stands for which of the following?
A. Structured games, adult modeling, fun activities, educational toys
B. Supervision, age appropriate, fall surfacing, equipment maintenance
C. Structured games, adult modeling, fall surfacing, equipment maintenance
D. Supervision, age appropriate, fun activities, educational toys
6. Tessa went to a garage sale to buy materials for her childcare. She needs shelving for storing the children’s toys and children’s chairs, and children’s tables. She can afford to buy only one. Which of the following materials would be best to buy based on the criteria found in the textbook?
A. A light-colored wooden table with adjustable legs
B. Several plastic children’s chairs
C. A low shelf painted a shiny red
D. Adult-size chairs
7. ABC Academy has been invaded by ants. The teachers are discussing what solutions to take. Which teacher’s solution is most compatible with integrated pest management (IPM)?
A. Jeremiah says, “I thought that we had an exterminator on call. Let’s call him and have him spray the whole building. That way we would get them all.”
B. Jessica says, “I’ve got a can of Raid at home. The ants seem to be mainly in the kitchen. I could spray in there.”
C. Suzanne says, “Let’s see if we can see where they’re entering. Maybe we can block where they’re coming in.”
D. Amy says, “The ants don’t seem to be causing any problems. I think we should just leave them.”
8. Which centers would be best to place next to each other?
A. Science and gross motor
B. Dramatic play and blocks
C. Woodworking and math
D. Music and literacy
9. You’re developing your preschool room arrangement. Which would be the most effective way to divide the classroom?
A. Divide the room into different centers using low shelves.
B. Use different colors of rugs to designate different center areas.
C. Keep the classroom open with the shelves placed along the outside walls.
D. Divide the room into different centers using shelves that are five feet high.
10. What color choices would be most appropriate for painting the walls and shelves in a preschool classroom?
A. Red, blues, and yellows
B. Neutral colors such as whites and tans
C. Lime green and neon yellow
D. Pastel blues and pinks
11. Surfaces such as diaper-changing tables need to be
A. washed with commercial soap and hot water once a week.
B. cleaned and sanitized immediately after use.
C. wiped down with disinfectant before being used again.
D. cleaned with bleach at the end of the day.
12. Mother Goose Child Care is remodeling their preschool facility and is on a tight budget. Each of the teachers has a different idea about how to save money on the bathroom. Which of the following responses most closely matches the information found in the textbook?
A. “I think we should just let the children go down the hall and use the elementary bathroom.”
B. “I think we should have a bathroom in the classroom. However, the walls can be partial walls.”
C. “I think it’s important that we preserve our budget and the environment by using bars of soap and cloth washcloths and towels. Children share toys all day long. I don’t see how sharing towels is any different.”
D. “I think that children could wash their hands in the art sink. That way we can supervise them more closely and save money by not having a sink in the bathroom.”
13. Which of the following manipulative materials would be an example of a self-correcting material?
A. Tweezers and pompoms to sort
B. Shaker jars to match by sound
C. A jar of buttons to classify
D. A number-line puzzle
14. Which of the following statements accurately reflects the role of texture in the early childhood environment?
A. It’s important to have flat rather than textured surfaces because they’re easier to clean.
B. Texture contributes little to overall ambiance.
C. Touch is the most planned-for sense in most early childhood environments.
D. Textures can help to control noise and create space definition.
15. High density or crowding can contribute to which of the following?
A. More cooperative play
B. Decreased withdrawal in children
C. Decreased cortisol levels
D. Lower levels of achievement
16. The book stresses the need for natural light. Which of the following statements about natural light is true?
A. Having windows can help to establish a “sense of place.”
B. Natural light has no affect on learning.
C. It’s best if natural light comes from only one direction.
D. Natural light from windows typically increases energy costs.
17. Which would be an important consideration for developing a preschool classroom?
A. Unlike kindergarten children, children at this age don’t participate in long-term projects, so they don’t need storage for longterm work.
B. You won’t need a science or math center since children don’t start these subjects until they’re older.
C. You need a group gathering area.
D. You’re required to have a number of potted trees and flowering plants in relation to the square footage of the center.
18. Suneetha wants to replace her current floor covering with an eco-friendly floor covering that will enhance learning. Which of the following should she choose?
A. Different floor surfaces in different areas
B. Brightly patterned linoleum
C. Brightly colored ABC and number rugs
D. Wall-to-wall carpeting
19. Which of the following comments by childcare providers reflects the desired design outcomes discussed in the textbook?
A. “It’s very important that children not sit on beanbag chairs or pillows as they look at books so that they don’t experience back problems.”
B. “I have eliminated all the soft items in my classroom because they’re difficult to clean and can harbor germs.”
C. “I think it’s important to create a school-like environment rather than one that looks like the children’s home. In this way we
can create a more academic setting.”
D. “I have many soft, comfortable areas in my classroom to create a more homelike environment.”
20. Which of the following statements is true about pesticide exposure and young children?
A. If you buy organic fruits and vegetables and live in an urban area, you don’t need to worry about the children being exposed to pesticides.
B. Pesticide exposure causes both short-term and long-term problems, such as increased risk of cancer and neurodevelopmental impairment.
C. There’s little a classroom teacher can do about pesticide exposure in the classroom.
D. Pesticide exposure can cause short-term health problems such as shortness of breath but doesn’t cause any long-term problems
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.