Module/Week 4: Case Study 3 Milwaukee Brewers
Each Case Study assignment is designed to help the student make application of course content to a real world situation. Read the assigned case study and connect the key issues in the case to assigned readings and presentations. Respond to the questions with direct, thorough responses.
Each case study assignment should include the following:
· Title Page in APA format
· Introduction to the case summarizing the situation
· Questions converted to sub-headings – responses to each question
· Strong conclusion that summarizes the ideas
· APA Style Reference page (as needed)
Submit each Case Study by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned module/week, except for Case Study 7, which is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.
Milwaukee Brewers Case Study
Some years ago, the Milwaukee Brewers’ (www.milwaukeebrewers.com) then-president Bud Selig made the decision that, in order to keep the Brewers in Milwaukee, the organization needed to construct a new stadium. Under the supervision of the new president, Wendy Selig-Prieb (Selig’s daughter), ground was broken for Miller Park on November 9, 1996. In 2000, President Selig-Prieb stated, “The Miller Park era is beginning soon, and with it a renewed vitality for major league baseball in Wisconsin. Accordingly, we are committed to bringing a championship to Wisconsin. Our fans will enjoy a world class ballpark, and also deserve a rewarding game experience.” Selig-Prieb believed that Miller Park would bring fortune to Milwaukee, the surrounding area, and the Brewers; the same is true for any organization that thinks it is necessary to build a multimillion dollar facility.
Countless Major league baseball teams all over the nation have considered, are considering, or are in the process of building new stadiums in order to keep players, the community, fans, and team executives happy. Most cities and teams turn to the idea of the new facility when they are facing a buyout, relocation considerations, player and fan dissatisfaction, and so on. Baseball club officials understand that the decision to construct a new facility can often reverse these negatives.
County Stadium, the former home of the Milwaukee Brewers, opened on April 6, 1953, and increased its seating capacity over the years to hold 53,192 fans. Miller Park, on the other hand, holds only 43,000 spectators but features a convertible, fan-shaped roof. Miller Park is a more elaborate establishment than the old County Stadium; it is the extra details found in new stadiums that executives of major league teams believe will help keep their organizations competitive from all angles.
Identify and explain the potential problems and opportunities that both the team and the city might have faced that could have led to the decision to construct a new facility.
1. Use the steps provided in Exhibit 6.1 to decide whether you would have tried to build a new stadium if you were in Selig-Prieb’s shoes.
2. Do you believe that facility construction is a rational decision for (1) team executives, (2) city officials, and (3) local citizens? Explain.
3. Should team executives, city officials, and local citizens all be able to participate in the decision-making process of building a new stadium? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of including all of these individuals.
4. When making decisions about building a new facility, what type of decision style(s) and problem attributes are most relevant and important? Explain.
5. Identify how Miller Park has helped or hindered the Brewers organization by finding statistics from attendance records at County Stadium in 1999 and comparing them to current records at Miller Park. With what you have learned, and with any additional information you have found, justify whether or not the decision to build the stadium was a positive move for the team.
6. Go online to locate another organization that has recently built or is currently considering building a new facility. Use that organization’s website to try to identify what led to that decision. Include any information regarding the funding options associated with facility construction. Suggest some possible alternatives to facility construction, if appropriate.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.