CIS 510Technical Paper: Proof of Concept (POC)
Technical Paper: Proof of Concept (POC)
Due Week 10 and worth 230 points
Your company is a 4-year-old startup called XYZ Software Enterprises. XYZ produces a point of sale system and was awarded a Proof of Concept (POC) to one of the largest and oldest restaurants in the industry (you know, the ones in the commercials all the time). The restaurant wants XYZ to prove that the software will do what the sales people said it could do.
Your Proof of Concept will include four parts:
· Part 1: Gantt Chart
· Part 2: Testing and User Acceptance Report
· Part 3: Use Case Diagram
· Part 4: Activity Diagram
Part 1: Gantt Chart
A Gantt Chart (see page 353 Figure 11-18) needs to be created for the entire process of the Proof of Concept. There is a two-month deadline from today to complete the POC.
Using Visio or Excel, create a Gantt Chart that includes all of the items listed below and adds five more tasks minimum from the concepts learned from the course:
· The initial meeting — today.
· Should appear as the first line.
· Teams selected to participate in the project (1 week).
· Information gathering (add the information gathering methods you will use and how long each will take).
· System configurations based on information gathering methods (2 weeks).
· Create Activity Chart based on information gathering (info to create chart supplied).
· Create Use Case Diagram based on information gathering (info to create chart supplied).
· Show the finished configurations to the team and get feedback (1 day).
· Make changes based on feedback (3 days).
· Install the system in the test store (2 days).
· Train staff (1 day).
· Run a live test of POC (2 weeks).
· The five or more additional tasks can be subtasks for information gathering methods as well some other subtask or major task not in the initial list.
· You may add items from the SDLC, specific item(s) on testing, or any other concept you think should be part of the POC process learned in the course of this semester.
NOTE: Remember that events in a Gantt chart can happen at the same time as other events. Some items also cannot start until others are completed. Everything has an estimated timeframe and it is displayed in the chart.
Part 2: Testing and User Acceptance Report
As part of the expected documentation in the POC, XYZ wants a report on Testing and User Acceptance.
Your manager is asking you to research the testing criteria they listed in the POC documents.
The POC document states that they are looking for:
1. System and Stress Testing
2. User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
For both categories, research and report on:
1. What these tests are.
2. Why the industry leader would want these particular tests.
3. The best ways, in detail, to accomplish the tests so that your company meets the criteria they are looking for.
o These items can be added to your Gantt Chart (Part 1)
Part 3: Use Case Diagram
The restaurant, as part of the information gathering, outlined a use case in a chart (below).
Your manager assigned you to create the Use Case Diagram using Visio, MS Word, or any other software. (See the diagrams on Page 84 and 85 of the textbook.)
· Paste the diagram into the created report.
Waiter, Patron, Chef
Pay for food
Part 4: Activity Diagram
As a part of the information gathering process, a chart of items was provided by XYZ.
Your manager has asked that you use Visio, MS Word, or any other software with which you are familiar to create the Activity Diagram (see pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 in the textbook.)
· Paste the diagram into the created report.
POS SALES PROCESS
Host/Hostess seats patron
Server takes drink order
Server opens order for table in POS system
Server places drink order in the POS system
System sends drink order to the Bar
Bar makes drinks
Server brings drinks to table
Server takes food order
Server adds food order in the POS system
Order goes to kitchen
Chef and staff cook the order
Food Runner brings food to table
Server takes dessert order
Server adds dessert order to POS
Chef and Staff create desserts
Food Runner brings desserts to table
Server creates check in POS
Server collects payment and enters it in POS
Server adds tipped amount to POS
Server closes table in POS
Additionally you must:
· Use at least 3 quality resources. NOTE: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Visio, Word, or an open source alternative. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.