Learning Goal: I’m working on a psychology discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
MEZZO CLASS WEEK 5 TO access the books please use the appropriate book for each class. go to Capella University | Online Degrees from an Accredited University and click log in student alumni on the right top. then username is email@example.com and password is Joshua12! click on the book either mezzo or macro class and the book is on the left bottom bookshelf. please use these book to cite the reference and in cite text have to be used. be detailed dont leave out info please.
|1 . [u05d1] Unit 5 Discussion 1||
THREE TYPES OF INTERVENTION IN GROUP WORK
Explain the differences between the three types of intervention in group work:
Respond to at least one other learner, providing a group therapy example to illustrate the differences he or she described.
Please make your initial post by Thursday and your response by Sunday.
|2.[u05d2] Unit 5 Discussion 2||
According to your An Introduction to Group Work Practice text, what is cognitive restructuring?
Respond to at least one other learner, providing a group therapy example to illustrate this process.
Please make your initial post by Thursday and your response by Sunday.
3. RESPOND TO JALONDRA “Intrapersonal interventions that focus on members’ cognition and affects, that is, their thoughts, beliefs, values, feelings, sensations, and emotions (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). This particular part of intervention is when the social worker and the client get to an understanding of the client and what events may and/or may not have caused them to get to where they are. It comes with the client having a realistic and honest conversation with their self about things in their life and whether or not they want to receive help to better themselves.Interpersonal interventions that focus on members’ relationships with others within and outside the group (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An interpersonal intervention is more personable and allows two people to discuss issues and concerns that they are facing with one another, it also allows them as well as the social worker to come up with a plan on healing and bettering this relationship.Environmental interventions that seek to change or modify the psychosocial and physical space in which members function (Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). When a client feels that their neighborhood or household becomes toxic or giving them no means to an end and they want more and do better but have no clue where to begin and feel as if there are no resources for them out there, this is where environmental intervention would come in.”
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An Introduction to Group Work Practice (8th Edition). Pearson Learning Solutions. https://capella.vitalsource.com/books/978132374709…
4. RESPOND TO HAGEN “Members doing group work can make them more aware of factors that shape beliefs and how these factors can be modified through new experiences. Cognitive restructuring is a group of techniques that focus on correcting cognitive distortion and deprecating self-talk (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Cognitive restructuring was used over 30 years ago, and the methods are still used today (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Cognitive restructuring can be used to expose faulty logic in group members’ thought patterns and help them replace their irrational thought processes with logical and rational thought processes (Toseland & Rivas, 2017).Cognitive restructuring has been used to help people who have bipolar disorders (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). This process helps them identify their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors during the depressed phase of their condition (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). This allowed members to develop personal depression profiles and care plans to help control re-occurring symptoms (Toseland & Rivas, 2017).Cognitive restructuring is about changing belief systems, and several ways can be done. One way is to have members examine the experiences their thoughts are based on (Toseland &Rivas, 2017). Social workers can also help members consider the impact their experience in construed has on their current life (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). Another way is to prepare to cope statement as a reminder to practice alternative methods of responding to distorted thoughts (Toseland & Rivas, 2017). ”
5. DISCUSSION POST FOR MACRO CLASS-
The civil rights movement is an example of massive grassroots community organizing.
For this discussion:
Respond to the posts of at least two other peers whose posts are different from yours. Share how their posts stimulated your thinking about the topic.
Please make your initial post by Thursday, and your response by Sunday evenings.
6. RESPOND to Jewel “Our text states that there are three theories that relate to the theories of acquisition of power: conflict theory, resource mobilization theory, and power dependency theory( Netting, Knetter, McMurtry, & Thomas , 2017) Conflict theory views the community as divided into the “haves and have-nots” who are all competing for limited resources (Netting et al., 2017), conflict theory, those that are wealthy and have power due to their wealth try to hold on to it by any means possible, chiefly by suppressing the poor and powerless. A basic premise of conflict theory is that individuals and groups within society will work to try to maximize their own wealth and power. Power dependency theory is where organizations and communities are dependent on resources, often from outside sources. Power dependency theory marks a shift in how sociologists think about power (Netting et al., 2017). The more resources one needs depends on how much power one has over the next person. Most of the time with dependency power there is a need for balance of power. Resource mobilization is the process of getting resources from the resource provider, using different mechanisms, to implement an organization’s predetermined goals. Moreover, resource mobilization theory is used in the study of social movements and argues that the success of social movements depends on resources (time, money, skills, etc.) and the ability to use them.Power dependency theory, resource mobilization theory, and conflict theory all would benefit virtual communities in a myriad of ways. Conflict theory depends on the “have and have-nots” so in the virtual world those that have will continue to have and those have-nots will have challenges when it comes to resources. Regarding power dependency theory, again this theory will work with the virtual communities as well because the wealthy will have no trouble with access to resources online, and lastly, the resource mobilization theory may be challenging because we are talking about virtual communities and individuals are meeting via online.”
Netting, F.E., Knetter, P.M., McMurtry, S.L., & Thomas, M.L. (2017). Social Work Macro Practice, (6th ed). Boston, MA: Pearson.
7. RESPOnD TO ALLEE “Netting, Knetter, McMurtry, & Thomas (2017) states that there are three theories that relate to the acquisition of power: conflict theory, power dependency theory, and resource mobilization theory (137). Conflict theory views the community as divided into those who have and those who do not have (Netting et al., 2017, p.137). One implication for community organizing for this theory is that people are usually depressed because of prejudice and discrimination. Another implication is that there is competition for resources (Netting et al., 2017). Conflict theory doesn’t allow equal opportunities for everyone. Power plays a significant role in many organizational theories (Esabbar, Zrikem, & Zolghadri, 2016). Power dependency theory is where organizations and communities are dependent on resources, often from outside sources. Some implications include change may be limited to boundaries established within the relationship and consumers may limit change for fear of offending resource providers (Netting et al., 2017). Power dependency theory marks a shift in how sociologists think about power (Netting et al., 2017). These theories might apply to virtual communities because they consist of diverse individuals. Some individuals have jobs, while others are unemployed. Some are wealthy while others are struggling to survive, and some are Muslim while others are Jewish. No one person is the same in virtual communities, and everyone has different levels of power. In addition, different virtual communities demonstrate different levels of power, politics, and change. For instance, the NAACP fits the theory of change because it aims to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all people.”
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay USA, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay USA has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay USA, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.